How to Get FSSAI License & Registration In India?
In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of obtaining an FSSAI license and registration specifically in Chennai. If you're running a food business in India, it's crucial to ensure compliance with food safety regulations to maintain the health and well-being of your customers. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the governing body responsible for setting and enforcing these standards. So, let's get started!
Determine the Type of License/Registration Required:The FSSAI has classified food businesses into three categories based on their size and nature. These are:
- FSSAI Basic Registration: For small-scale businesses with an annual turnover of up to Rs. 12 lakh.
- FSSAI State License: For medium-sized businesses between Rs. 12 lakh and Rs. 20 crore as annual turnover.
- FSSAI Central License: For large-scale businesses with an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 20 crore.
Gather Required Documents:Before initiating the registration process, ensure you have the following documents handy:
- Identity proof of the proprietor/partner/director(s) (such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter ID, etc.)
- Address proof of the business premises (such as electricity bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- List of food products to be handled, made or manufactured by the company
- Proof of possession of premises (such as rent agreement, ownership document, etc.)
- Certificate of incorporation (for companies)
- Partnership deed (for partnership firms)
- FSSAI Online Registration:
- For FSSAI online registration in Chennai, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official FSSAI website (www.fssai.gov.in) and click on the "Registration" tab.
- Fill in the required details such as your business category, contact information, and food business details.
- Upload the necessary documents mentioned above.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Submit the application online.