Online GST Registration Process and Requirements
Goods and Service Tax (GST), Every business, company, individual and person can register GST registration. GST is necessary for those earning more than twenty lakhs in goods and ten lakhs in service-related business. GST Online Registration service provides GST registration and issues GST certificates in 5-7 days in a simple process.
What is GST Registration?
GST, or Goods and Services Tax, represents an indirect tax applicable to the supply of goods and services. The GST was passed on March 29, 2017, by the Indian Parliament, but On July 1, 2017, forced to comply with GST. GST was to replace all indirect taxes in India like VAT, service tax, sales tax, and excise duty taxes. GST or Goods and Services taxes have four components central Goods and services taxes (CGST), State goods and Services taxes (SGST), Union Territory Goods and Services Taxes (UGST), and Integrated Goods and Services Taxes (IGST). These are the components of GST
How to register GST Registration Online?
Let us discuss the process of online registration step by step,
- Visit the GST portal website https://www.gst.gov.in.
- Click the Register Now button, which shows on under the taxpayer tab.
- You have to select New registration.
- The drop-down (I am) menu selects taxpayer.
- You enter your business name, pan card, state and district.
- Enter your mobile number and email ID. Mobile number and email id must be active because you will receive OTP for verification.
- Once the details have been submitted and proceeded, you will get the TRN number on the screen.
- Visit GST portal and click register under the taxpayer’s menu.
- Select the TRN number, enter the TRN number, and fill in the captcha, click on proceed.
- You will receive OTP on the email and mobile number which has registered. Enter the OTP and proceed.
- On the next page, you can check the status of your application. On the right side, you will find an Edit icon. You can click it.
- On the next page, there will be ten sections. The application is filled out, and all necessary documents must be attached. Below is a list of documents that must be uploaded. Enter your bank proof, photography, Application form, and business address ID proof.
- Visit the verification page and check the declaration and submit your application. You will receive verification OTP on either your registered mobile number or Aadhaar linked number or need to be verified with a digital signature.
- Once all the process is completed. You will receive the Application reference number (ARN) on your registered mobile number and email ID.
- After that, you check the GST application status on the GST portal using ARN.
Who is Eligible for GST?
Goods and Service tax is applicable for all Goods and services related business. Every business in India needs to register under the GST registration. Tax will be applicable only when they earn more than the limit. GST registration and paying GST at the correct time are necessary. If you cheat or forget to pay, it will be punishable by a penalty. The penalty may be Rs. 10,000–25,000
, depending on the annual revenue.
A dual GST Model has been introduced, distributing authority to both the Centre and the States to charge the tax simultaneously.
- Private Limited
- Joint Hindu Family
- Wholesale distributors
All can apply and be eligible for GST registration
for future purposes.
Documents Required for GST Registration Online
Individual and Sole Proprietorship Firms
- The Aadhar card of the owner
- The PAN Card of the Owner
- Bank Account Details
- Photography of the Owner
Limited Liability Partnership or Partnership Firm
- PAN Card – All Partners
- Aadhar Card – All Partners
- Partnership Deed
- Address Proof – All Partners
- Back Account Details
- Company Registration Certificate
- Photocopy – All Partners
Private Limited Company Needed Documents
- Private Limited Certificate of Incorporation
- Company PAN Card
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
- Bank account details
- Resolution of board members with the authorized signature
- Identity of all directors (Aadhar and PAN)
- Address proof of All directors
GST registration fees
GST is the 11 Step process which takes 5-7 days
to get the certificate. Visit the online portal for the registration process. There is no need for money to register the GST in the online portal yourself. You need not pay any money for GST registration.
GST registration with the registration agency or registration by an intermediary costs money.
If you cheat or forget to pay, it will be punishable by a penalty. The penalty may be Rs. 10,000–25,000
, depending on the annual revenue or imprisonment.
What is The GST Rate?
- Tea, coffee, pizza bread, spices, nuts, medicine, households, fish, packaged foods, small restaurants, milk powder, etc. – 5% tax
- Computers, mobile phones, spectacles, butter, cheese, ghee, dry fruits, fruit juices, ayurvedic medicines, napkins, ketchup and sauces, all diagnostic kits, and frozen meat products—12% tax
- Pasta, biscuits, cornflakes, pastries and cakes, mineral water, footwear, camera, speakers, monitors, printers, optical fibre, sanitary napkins, notebooks, steel products, headgear, AC restaurants with liquor, five-star restaurants, luxury hotels, telecom services, IT services, branded garments, and financial services – 18% tax
- Luxury products and entertainment like beauty and cosmetics, motorcycles, automobiles, dishwashers, heaters, washing machines, movie tickets, race club betting, and private lotteries – 28% tax
Goodwill Fillings provides the best GST Online Registration service
and provides GST registration and issues and certificates
in 5-7 days in a simple process. We will ease your process of registration. Reach us for GST registration